Today is another episode based on the "3 Pillars of Core Wellness",
1. Mindset 2. Movement 3. Nutrition
In the "Mindset" piece you'll learn the "go deeper" strategy for staying motivated when you're in the middle of making healthy change.
The physical "Movement" piece will let you know real quick if your shoulders and core are up to snuff. I'll admit this move from infant development will be hard for a lot of folks, especially if your upper body posture is poor or you suffer from shoulder pain, headaches, neck pain, carpal tunnel, or any other type of upper quarter pain symptoms.
The "Nutrition" piece is a case study on a recent patient who reversed Irritable Bowel Syndrome and a host of other issues in just over 1 month with a targeted nutritional protocol.
I go through the protocol in the video. Below the video you'll see the specific products and diet strategy we used in case they fit your situation and you would like to use them yourself. They are now available through our Metagenics nutritional supplement store.
Irritable Bowel Syndrome:
Of course everyone has individual issues that can lead to Irritable Bowel Syndrome. And for the case study above, I made my decisions based on an in-depth, in person consultation and history. So the protocol was specific to her issues.
1. Her gall bladder was removed and she had poor digestion so I gave her Metagest (2 per meal) to help her reduce the pH of her stomach which is necessary to stimulate proper enzyme release from the pancreas (do NOT use with active ulcers) and Azeopangin (2 per meal…Spectrazyme is vegetarian replacement) to help her break down food into small particles so the immune system did not see them as foreign invaders and set off an overinflated inflammatory response.
2. Excessive bloating, poor mental concentration, and poor sleep cued me in to improve the bacterial balance of her colon with Ultra Flora Plus (1 cap, 2x/per day). This is something I would do EVERY time with IBS or ANY gut related condition. Remember…your GUT and your BRAIN are essentially the SAME THING!
3. The Ultra InflamX Medical food was chosen to because it is specifically formulated with vitamins, minerals, and herbs to reduce systemic inflammation, especially related to the gut (GREAT for Crohn's, Ulcerative Colitis, and diverticulitis, too.) In addition to providing gut and inflammation support, it provides a meal or snack replacement twice a day to make your new diet and lifestyle change easier to manage.
4. Of course…as always, the Modified Elimination Diet found in the Ultra InflamX Program Guide was prescribed to remove the most common food sensitivities. This nutritional change along with re-populating your intestines with good bacteria from Ultra Flora Plus twice per day is the essential starting point of anyone with IBS.
Although we did not use it in this case study, I often (nearly always) use Candibactin BR to kill off pathogenic bacteria and yeast at 2 tablets 2x/per day. It was simply a gut reaction not to use it in this case.
That's it for today! Using all of the above would be optimum for the best chance at recovery from IBS but amazing things can happen just by eliminating offending foods and re-balancing bacteria.
Please understand this is an educational post and these are broad sweeping recommendations that have served my patients well over the years but by no means is it meant to be specific medical advice. Please consult a naturally minded / integrative practitioner for individual care.
If I had a favorite combination exercise for the low back, hips, and knees…this is IT!
The #1 benefit is likely it's ability to take the load off of your low back and give you more confidence that you back will support you.
For the hips…it will help you get more mobility AND stability along with good functional movement that floods your nervous system with good input that has an overall dampening effect on pain.
www.corewellnessinstitiute.com.Lastly…the benefit as a knee exercise may be more profound if your knees hurt going up and down stairs. (If it hurts your knees to do this exercise, then please do not perform it…you need more remedial work and possibly some guidance through the online training course and coaching at
If you have pain, especially low back pain, do a "pre-exercise audit" by doing a movement that stirs up your pain and rate it 0 to 10 (10 being worst). Then perform the movement slowly on each side 5 to 10 times….then do a "post exercise audit" and rate your pain level.
Also…if you have specific difficulty or pain with the movement tell me what that is so I can address it here on the free blog or with the online course and coaching.
The 2 exercises you'll learn today may amaze you because even though they are 2 dynamite low back pain exercises, neither one of them really exercises your "back muscles".
The new paradigm says this, "Stop Treating The Site Of Pain!"
You have to look for the movement and posture PROGRAMS you're using that are repetitively damaging your tissues! So take a load off your back with these 2 moves and let me know your results in the comments!