This is my #1 posture tip that accesses and automatically "re-awakens" the deeply embedded perfect posture programs you were born with.
It is truly powerful and I know it will help you "re-program" your posture (that's all it really is, by the way…a program like in a computer).
Combine your pubic bone connection with the simple doorway reminder I share toward the end of the video and you are on your way!
There's lots more like this in the full Core Wellness Coaching Course if you want to dig deeper!
Enjoy and let me know if this helps you or if you have any questions, OK?
I absolutely LOVE doing this piece of my daily routine. It combines hip stretching, balance, coordination, strength, and agility. It's also a very important move to do if you have lower crossed syndrome or you sit a lot.
I realize that many people will have knee or foot or hip issues or other things that may keep you from performing this series as shown. You can adapt the movement by not dipping down as far as I do into the lunge and squat movements.
And it was a total Drovers morning for me. I usually listen to a podcast or something educational but today I was driven by the Drovers so I decided to let you hear what I was hearing as I was doing the movement series.
It's extremely useful for improving coordination because it mimics the "contralateral" infant develop pattern as learned from Voita, Kolar, et al. in Eastern Europe that connects the right and left sides of your brain!
Pay close attention to the text cues on the screen because they point out the "little hinges" that swing big doors!
This also uses the power of "eidetic perception" or the ability to use imagery and this "Intention" is everything when you are attempting to activate you deep core stability system.
The Imagination and Intention of your movement is arguably even more important than the movement itself.
Let me know what you think of this important movement in the comments. Were you able to do it? What kept you from doing it? Balance? Strength? Knee pain? Toe inflexibility? LEAVE YOUR COMMENT BELOW NOW!
Today is another episode based on the "3 Pillars of Core Wellness",
1. Mindset 2. Movement 3. Nutrition
In the "Mindset" piece you'll learn the "go deeper" strategy for staying motivated when you're in the middle of making healthy change.
The physical "Movement" piece will let you know real quick if your shoulders and core are up to snuff. I'll admit this move from infant development will be hard for a lot of folks, especially if your upper body posture is poor or you suffer from shoulder pain, headaches, neck pain, carpal tunnel, or any other type of upper quarter pain symptoms.
The "Nutrition" piece is a case study on a recent patient who reversed Irritable Bowel Syndrome and a host of other issues in just over 1 month with a targeted nutritional protocol.
I go through the protocol in the video. Below the video you'll see the specific products and diet strategy we used in case they fit your situation and you would like to use them yourself. They are now available through our Metagenics nutritional supplement store.
Irritable Bowel Syndrome:
Of course everyone has individual issues that can lead to Irritable Bowel Syndrome. And for the case study above, I made my decisions based on an in-depth, in person consultation and history. So the protocol was specific to her issues.
1. Her gall bladder was removed and she had poor digestion so I gave her Metagest (2 per meal) to help her reduce the pH of her stomach which is necessary to stimulate proper enzyme release from the pancreas (do NOT use with active ulcers) and Azeopangin (2 per meal…Spectrazyme is vegetarian replacement) to help her break down food into small particles so the immune system did not see them as foreign invaders and set off an overinflated inflammatory response.
2. Excessive bloating, poor mental concentration, and poor sleep cued me in to improve the bacterial balance of her colon with Ultra Flora Plus (1 cap, 2x/per day). This is something I would do EVERY time with IBS or ANY gut related condition. Remember…your GUT and your BRAIN are essentially the SAME THING!
3. The Ultra InflamX Medical food was chosen to because it is specifically formulated with vitamins, minerals, and herbs to reduce systemic inflammation, especially related to the gut (GREAT for Crohn's, Ulcerative Colitis, and diverticulitis, too.) In addition to providing gut and inflammation support, it provides a meal or snack replacement twice a day to make your new diet and lifestyle change easier to manage.
4. Of course…as always, the Modified Elimination Diet found in the Ultra InflamX Program Guide was prescribed to remove the most common food sensitivities. This nutritional change along with re-populating your intestines with good bacteria from Ultra Flora Plus twice per day is the essential starting point of anyone with IBS.
Although we did not use it in this case study, I often (nearly always) use Candibactin BR to kill off pathogenic bacteria and yeast at 2 tablets 2x/per day. It was simply a gut reaction not to use it in this case.
That's it for today! Using all of the above would be optimum for the best chance at recovery from IBS but amazing things can happen just by eliminating offending foods and re-balancing bacteria.
Please understand this is an educational post and these are broad sweeping recommendations that have served my patients well over the years but by no means is it meant to be specific medical advice. Please consult a naturally minded / integrative practitioner for individual care.